Friday 9 December 2011

WEDNESDAY DIVE!

Wednesday was a day to venture out for a dive and try out the weights. 

I am 5’8” (1.73m) and of slim build weighing at 10st (64kgs).   

6kgs of weights were perfect for my diving with all the gear.


Before the dive! Note: clear water!



Multi-Directional Internal Wetsuit Heating System

Off I waddled and into the cold sea… It was surprisingly cold!  I didn’t expect it to be so cold!  But fearing not as us gents have a multi-directional internal wetsuit warmer.  I am pretty shameless to admit that I do pee while in the wetsuit, and those who say they don’t I am a little suspicious of.   

When in the wetsuit and diving, there are external pressures on the bladder which makes you wanna pee every 30minutes..especially if you drank one litre of water prior.   Im glad I drank so much because the bottle of water I brought with me slipped of out of the top pocket attached to my float!  No more water…Mhux Tajjeb!

Just remember to wash your suit with freshwater, or as I do: Jump in the shower with the suit on.


Merman, Mermaid or just a Diver

I spotted another diver out in the sea too, was expecting us both to get within earshot so we could have a chat but seems he/she was too busy pretending to be a fish, too busy hunting or not very social.  It must’ve been a he because she would’ve had waist length red hair with a beautiful scaly lower body with fins for feet – maybe.


Dive Dive Dive!

As I was navigating the rocks for any signs of octopus life or decent sized fish I was shouted at by a relaxing fisherman.  Good job he alerted me as his line was in my course, I acknowledged him and took evasive action! Dive Dive Dive!!!


Fishy Financial Advice

I swam the length of Fekruna and could see Mistra Bay, so decided to turn back and take a view of the deeper water.  Spotted some fish, took some shots and missed everytime!  1 fish in my career thus far, still that was a fluke shot.  I feel like a newbie on an online multi-player game, beaten down constantly…I am waiting for that moment when I will be getting head shots 1 after another!  I actually got so close, the spear was nearly tickling the fish before I fired, too hesitant.  

The problem may lie with my over thinking, thinking what impact this will have on the fish socially and if possible, financially.  Do the fish have kids, will they get to school, do they have adequate insurance?

Upon realizing the fish was taking up my time, which of course equals money as I was engaging in a form of Fishy Financial Advice, and since I have not yet passed the relevant exams or arranged for the fish to complete an FPQ, I pulled the trigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment