Thursday 30 June 2011

Hello Slug!

At 5pm today went out for a dive at Fekruna!



Getting confident at diving 3 metres after 5 minutes of rest and focus.  My right ear would nit equalise properly which was causing issues.  I wouldve dived to 4 metres but the pain in the right was a bother.

I picked up 2 pieces of litter from the sea floor.  In Fekruna there are areas of Cisk cans where boaters have been drinking and discarding tins overboard.  Maybe I should organise a sponsored freedive to clean up these areas.  You would think the locals would take care of their beautiful sea and bays.  I suppose complacency for what they have is a contributory factor.  Maybe with a sponsored clean of the sea floor would raise awareness and help reduce this ignorant behavior.

I will look into it when I am confident at 10 metres.


PLEASE DON'T THROW RUBBISH OVER THE SIDE OF THE BOAT



Hey Crab, Hey Slug!

Dived to look at a crab who didn't want to make friends, it kept scuttling under the sand to hide from me.  As it happens, it was trying to eat a piece of plastic.

A Slug seemed more happy to see me though, didn't move much.  It was probably trying to run away but couldnt really do much.




                    

No comments:

Post a Comment