Monday 8 August 2011

Feeling Bleugh in the August heat!

Malcolm who commented on my previous post, mentioned the issue with my equalising of the Right side ear could be attributed to a cold/flu.   He could very well be right!

If it continues buy some common nasal spray (vicks sinex) and sniff copious amounts. Then after a few minutes try descending...if you can equalise properly then you know the cause!
Pro scuba divers claim that the first symptom of a cold appears 4-6 days before the normal symptoms appear.

Felt not great recently, headaches, tickly cough, generally bunged up.  In Malta, the symptoms I show or the regularity of a cold is less then back in the cold wet Isle of Man.... I shall explain:

Isle of Man

Day 1 - Onset - Feel rough and cannot explain why, by tthe end of the day it is confirmed that I have cold syptoms
Day 2 - Wake up feeling bunged up, tissues do not help the constant flowing of mucus
Day 3 - Exactly the same as day 2
Day 4 - Wake up feeling less bunged up and no lethargy.

All I need to do is avoid the bus or seminars at any cost!  Or if I have to get on a bus or attend a seminar, I pack throat lozenges and a drink... Trying to fight back a tickly cough may be an art, but I am sure the red turning purple face is not healthy.  If you go for a good cough it is usually to clear your throat of any excess mucus... But to do it on a bus or around people who are silent, well, y'know...everyone thinks you have returned the black death!  Maybe they think you dug your way out of a lead coffin...


Malta (summer)

Day 1 - Feel weird
Day 2 - Feel weird, funny throat
Day 3 - Feel tired
Day 4 - Feel bleugh
Day 5 - Feel ok


Malta (season change)

Day 1 - Feel weird
Day 2 - Feel weird, funny throat
Day 3 - Tonsils go funny, sore throat, lethargic
Day 4 - Feel bleugh, lethargic, sore throat, chough
Day 5 - Feel bleugh, lethargic, sore throat, chough
Day 6 - If I do not feel fine I will see the Dr.  The real colds/flu during season change are alot nastier

To kick any of my cold/flu symptoms even the lethargy I take Paracetamol and an orange or kiwi fruit.  Forget all these magical remedies, of course unless a 'Doctor' prescribes or advises you to.  By the way, the above information is not advice - these are only my thoughts and 'what I do'.  Speak to a doctor or chemist for advice.

Here is 'my' money saving part!

I DO NOT buy all of these crazy remedies offered by big names which have the power to do 10 things, especially those that promise levitation possibilities... ahem.. ok.. simple Paracetamol. 
Isle of Man/UK - Anadin
Malta - Panadol

I take 2 of these before bed and my sleep is good for about 6hrs.  I take 1 every 4 hours.  Why do I only take one at each interval?  So my body does not build a tolerance to a higher dose.

Please seek the advice from a chemist or doctor.  The above is not advice, it is rambling about what 'I do' when 'I get a cold'.

Information on Paracetamol can be found here:


http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/painkillers-paracetamol/Pages/Introduction.aspx





No comments:

Post a Comment