Tuesday 12 July 2011

Strategy Training

Took the dog for a walk to Fekruna, dived for an hour while the dog was just following me and shouting at me!

View from Fekruna Bay - My playing field


You could see he was wanting to join me, but not yet confident enough to take the plunge.  Maybe I should buy him a dog snorkel.

Today my target was diving to 5 metres, turning gently looking around and ascending to the surface in a controlled manner.  The more I complete this task, the easier it becomes!

So, strategy training, what is it?

Diving to the reeds/sea grass gently and controlled.  Diving up and over the reeds to take an imaginary shot at the imaginary fish.

lol, I appear naked in this picture!  This is not so!


I manage to find a shoal of Salema just behind a grassy hill at about 4 metres.  I look around for a suitable diving spot just out of sight from the fish, dive down so the grass gives me cover  then either swim around the hill or swim over.  Fish are more comfortable when you are swimming among them, instead of flapping about on the surface.

I am very very confident a fish will be caught with a spear in Autumn 2011!


Goggles with see-through skirt

It helps to wear goggles with a black skirt so any light does not reflect on the inside glass, the reflection restricts your view of the distance.

I will be purchasing a set of these for Autumn, using my hands to cover the clear goggle skirt is not practical.





You can buy a black mask from Amazon UK and Amazon US see below!

                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment