Tuesday 19 July 2011

Into the Dive!

Exam passed!  Very happy about that!

So, as I promised myself... A dive!



Didn't take the spear today, just went for a short scout.  I notice that if you do nottake the time to relax and focu before a dive, the more chance your body and mind does not function as required.  I took a dive to about 4 metres, became nervous and really felt I needed air so had to come up.   What I normally do is the following:

Getting into the dive!
  1. Float looking down, let the water take the weight*
  2. Breathe normally
  3. Focus on the sea bed
  4. Check my pulse to make sure it is normal
  5. Breathe out all the air, followed by one large breath
  6. Roll into the dive (should be a smooth action, no flapping about making splashes on the surface)
 This process normally takes me a good 2-3 minutes

*Becareful if you are weighted heavy.  With my spear, I seem to need an extra 1kg weight to help be descent without a wetsuit.  And while relaxing and breathing out the snorkel tip submerges...As you can imagine,  the heartrate go up and ruins the meditation.  Im not sure the Shaolin Monks would find coughing, spluttering and uncontrolled breathing a requisite for meditation...

If anyone has any suggestions, corrections or questions - Please feel free to comment on the blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment